- one pack of birth control pills shipped to your house monthly
- annual check in visit with your care team
- typical prescription is the generic equivalent to Ortho Tri Cyclen or Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo.
ORAL CONTRACEPTION LEVEL 1
$12 / Month
Medications to your Home
one pack of birth control pills shipped to your house monthly, the typical prescription is the generic equivalent to Ortho Tri-Cyclen or Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo
Virtual Clinic Visits
annual check-in visit with your care team
$12 / MonthCHOOSE PATH
This program is not appropriate in the following situations:
- Age ≥35 years and smoking ≥15 cigarettes per day
- Multiple risk factors for heart disease
- Blood pressure over 160/100
- Previous blood clot
- Known blood clotting diseases and genes
- Previous heart attack or similar.
- History of stroke
- Complicated valvular heart disease (pulmonary hypertension, the risk for atrial fibrillation, history of subacute bacterial endocarditis)
- Breast cancer
- Migraine with aura
- Hepatocellular adenoma or malignant hepatoma
Are the medicines and supplies from foreign countries?
We use the same FDA approved suppliers as any use pharmacy would use. Though it is legal for individual patients to buy up to 90 days of medicine from out of the country (like you can do at pharmacychecker.com), it is not legal for us to purchase medications that are not approved by the FDA. This is all legit.
Can I blame you if I get pregnant or get an STD? I thought these pills were perfect.
No. Oral contraceptive pills are not perfect at preventing pregnancy, they do not protect at all from sexually transmitted diseases and they can cause side effects. They are also used by millions of women to help regulate their cycles, decrease the chance of getting pregnant and to treat other conditions such as acne.
Do I have to get a Pap smear and pelvic exam to get birth control prescribed?
No. This is no longer recommended as it acted as a barrier to women obtaining medication. We certainly recommend Pap smears as directed by various medical and governmental organizations.
What if I want to do other medications?
Our regular program, Big Tree Medical Home, has the ability to prescribe other medications. This program was designed to optimally integrate both state-of-the-art medical care and sensitivity to price. Other, newer medications have a role in the care of diabetes, especially if price is not an important consideration. For those patients for who price is keeping them from getting care, we believe this program is optimal.